| CREATE A NEW LIST|
This area will allow users to request the creation of a new list.
| LIST MANAGEMENT|
This area is specifically designed for list OWNERS to manage specific list functions. (Login Required)
| LIST ADMINISTRATION (ITS USE ONLY)|
This area allows ITS List Administrators to execute specific tasks. (Login Required)
| LIST USERS|
This area allows List Users to join or leave lists, view and edit change their subscription preferences, as well as post messages to their subscribed lists. (Login Required)
| BROWSE LIST ARCHIVES |
This area will allow access to UWG public or private lists. It will allow viewing of public archives and also allow users to SUBSCRIBE, manage their subscriptions and post to their lists.
LISTSERV is an electronic mail facility which allows you to participate in electronic discussion groups on thousands of topics.
UWG LISTSERV POLICY & PROCEDURES ON ACADEMIC COMPUTERS
- Mailing lists can be set up on westga.edu using the Lsoft listserver program. Lists must be for non-commercial, University related
use. Student lists require a faculty or staff sponsor.
- List dicussion topics and content must adhere to the policy described in the Computer Use and Ethics Policy. Any violation will
result in the sender of the offending message being removed from all lists maintained at UWG, and if the sender is a UWG faculty
staff or student s/he may be subject to account termination, see the secton entitled Sanctions in the Computer Use and Ethics
- Lists inactive for a year are silently removed.
- Lists for classes can be provided on a per-section basis.
- Lists with low volume will have messages sent out as soon as they are received by the listserver. High volume lists may have
delayed mailing until the system load is low enough so that the mailing would not adversely effect users.
- List archives will be maintained on disk and subject to normal backup procedures.